I. Title Slide
• This will be the first slide of your PowerPoint (and is NOT considered a content slide).
• This slide will include the following: title of your presentation, your full name, class name & section number, and your institution (Liberty University).
II. Content Slides
• A minimum of 10 content slides must be included.
• All content slides must contain speaker notes.
o Speaker notes are a presenter’s “cheat sheet”, if you will. In other words, speaker notes are hidden from your audience, but you are able to view them while presenting.
o Speaker notes are NOT a copy of the information on your slide. Instead, speaker notes expand upon and/or offer further clarification regarding points on each slide.
o To add speaker notes, go to the Notes pane under the slide where you will see, “Click to add notes”.
III. Reference Slide
• This slide will be the last slide(s) of your PowerPoint (and is NOT considered a content slide).
• This slide (or slides) will contain all sources used in your PowerPoint presentation.
• Sources must be formatted according to current APA formatting guidelines.
• In addition to current APA formatting guidelines, the inclusion of the complete URL (sometimes called a permalink) is required for all full-text, peer-reviewed/scholarly articles retrieved from Liberty’s online library journal database. Note that this is not the same as the doi #. The URL must take your reader directly to the full text article within Liberty’s online library journal database. If you’re unsure about the specific URL/link, you can copy the entire web address from the top of the browser’s address bar once you are viewing the full text article within Liberty’s online library journal database.
• A minimum of four credible sources must be used within your presentation. Required, credible sources include:
o Four full-text, peer-reviewed/scholarly articles retrieved from Liberty’s online library journal database.
o Two of the above four full-text, peer-reviewed/scholarly articles must be within the last 7 years.
o the course textbook (as listed on the course syllabus).
• You are able to include additional sources, other than the four credible sources listed above; however, they must be full-text articles retrieved from Liberty’s online library journal database.
• Sources NOT acceptable for this assignment:
o No textbooks (including e-books), other than the course textbook/ebook (as listed on the course syllabus)
o No general Internet searching is acceptable. Therefore, no blogs, education sites, commercial sites, Wikipedia, About.com, editorials, abstracts, online books, book reviews, etc.
V. Avoiding Plagiarism
• Create an original PowerPoint presentation; previously submitted work from this or another course is considered self-plagiarism and is prohibited.
• Provide citations for the following:
o All statements, ideas, & thoughts (whether paraphrased or directly quoted) used from an outside source;
o tables, data, images, etc. used from an outside source.
• All citations should be formatted according to the most current APA formatting guidelines and should directly follow the information used from an outside source.
• All sources used must be formatted on your reference slide(s), according to current APA formatting guidelines.
VI. Other Requirements and Reminders:
• Must be created in Microsoft PowerPoint and uploaded through the assignment link as a .ppt or .pptx file.
• Individual slides and the overall design of your presentation must be professional and engaging.
• A running header or page #s are not required.
• An abstract is not required.